Hateful eight anyone?

Started by pronetoaccidents, December 29, 2015, 10:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

Ive read vague reviews that weren't positive but I dont think anyone has the cajones to criticize (wrong word. Certain aspects have.. Misogyny is the.most.recent) it just yet, sometimes his, well a lot of art, needs to be chewed and mulled over a bit. When its regarded as an indisputable classic in good time they dont wanna be the dick.

Im gonna see it. I will love it.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

Pat2099

I saw it in 70mm and I liked it.

BlakeK

I'd like to see it. I'll see if I can convince my wife to go or maybe I'll take my stepson. I have a feeling it will be a good movie but may slightly disappoint. I've loved Tarantino's last two movies so the bar is pretty high.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

pronetoaccidents

i'm definitely going to see it. I'm not sure if i'm going to the do special "77 mm roadshow" thing with the extra twenty minutes and intermission and musical interlude, but i'll be in attendance for some form of it. I've loved every movie with the exception of Death Proof, which I just liked, and thought it was a great example of what it was meant to be, an homage to shitty exploitation.

From what I've gathered from friends, random folks and whatnot that this one is similar to reservoir dogs, in the sense that the majority of it takes place in one location (snowed in cabin as opposed to warehouse, obviously) and why some folks might not dig it is that it's more dialogue focused, whether intentional or circumstantial racial and sociopolitical aspects with it being a few years after the civil war and the varying cast of characters, but that doesn't seem like the type of individual who frequents here. Supposedly lacks the brilliant scope of Bastards, the comedic and flamboyant aspects of django, and (again, this is coming from someone who hasn't seen it so i don't know why i'm going so hard with this but i might as well finish) is more stark, doesn't have modern music and a nice and raw picture. I'm excited.

Supposedly he's only making 10 movies than going to settle down and write.. screenplays for others, novels, etc.

I'm hoping for a return to the gangster category.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

Anna Karina

It was all right. Overly long, retreads other Tarantino films too much, and doesn't bring anything particularly new to the screen. On the other hand, I could watch Walton Goggins on an infinite loop and not get bored.