Sadly another r.i.p. thread, Brandon of teenage bottlerocket

Started by pronetoaccidents, November 07, 2015, 09:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

Tragedy. Young and had a lot to offer the world
His music helped me through depressing times and also during the influential later high school years.. but enough about the music, even though he lives on through it... I'm superstitious at times and i have seen that deaths us usually do come in threes
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

amanda

I have been feeling kind of sick to my stomach about this since I heard that he was in the coma earlier this week.  I just saw him play like six weeks ago.  He was only 30-something and was so vibrant and stoked.  While I didn't know really know him personally, I have a decent number of friends in common with him and they all just absolutely adored him and it just extra sucks to watch them all hurting too. 

There's a gofund me set up to help with the ICU bills and funeral costs if any one is interested in donating.  https://www.gofundme.com/c784qs38

pronetoaccidents

I wish I could contribute something.. anything but things are bad now.

It makes me really sad too. I didn't know him but the music, and seeing them live all I thought of was optimism despite it all, raw young energy of kids, and what I view as a big element of pop punk.. eternal youth. Innocence... And all of that is shattered by it. I know we all die but I often see bands as larger than collective sum of parts so more than, I dunno say, us mere mortals. So it puts things in the sad perspective they should be.

It also makes me glad to be alive. Okay reading that back it sounds disgustingly selfish but it's only because I've spent most of my life telling myself I'm miserable, have nothing to live for unless I'm in a relationship cuz hate self and need validation, whatever fuck me it's not about me but as you can see I have a lot of humbled thoughts.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.