is this blake Schwarzenbach renting himself out for L.A. galas legit?

Started by pronetoaccidents, October 28, 2015, 10:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

okay, so i'm friends with him, or whoever controls his facebook account is, on said facebook. he posted this the other day..

I am looking to play shows for money in Los Angeles. Anybody wants to hear new and olde material, give me a legitimate offer for consideration. Will entertain all requests. This is a public art experiment. You get me, my catalog, and an electric guitar and microphone. Punks and drama queens need apply. I am hoping to earn car money and airfare. This offer will expire in 72 hours to one month.

then this followed

Thanks for all the responses so far. Looks like something could happen. To be clear -- it would be very soon, this show, and very personal. With that in mind, any suggestions for songs from the back catalog? Remember that it is one man and an electric guitar. In other words, anything is possible (in L.A. county).

clearly everyone was going wild and crazy. them wild and crazy punks, man, i'll tell ya! i love the back catalog as much as the next (the new stuff isn't exactly unlistenable, it's just not very appealing to the ear and my particular musical palate) why not have a reunion or something? i dunno, it just seems really, like, i dunno, my post to it was just one word "whore", which was probably inappropriate and i shouldn't throw that word around, i know it's wrong, but i just feel like he's going to charge like a million dollars to come to some house show and play a few songs while a bunch of people sit before him like jesuses disciples, saucer eyed  (I'd be one of them.. I can't lie!!) i just have mixed feelings about it. it sounds super awesome, but it also sounds kinda hokey and like he's settling to sell himself for bar mitzvahs and sweet sixteens and whatever. There's literally a fucking band called Jawbreaker Reunion! if you care give the fans what they want, play a show and try not make it cost like 80 dollars and we'll all be happy (those who care)
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

pronetoaccidents

i also see how this could be construed as the opposite.. as him being less of an out of touch old rock dude, and instead of shows wants to play in a personal intimate environment, which he must know a many a oogle would sell their soul for.. but i just have a hunch it's going to be TOP dollar. and it's only in L.A. .. help out the fans!
Though lovers be lost love shall not.