anyone interested in a signed copy of John Darnielle's novel, Wolf in White Van

Started by pronetoaccidents, September 30, 2015, 10:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

pronetoaccidents

"Wolf in White Van is the first novel by the American author and singer-songwriter John Darnielle. Wolf in White Van tells the story of Sean Phillips, a reclusive game designer whose face has been severely disfigured. One reviewer characterizes Sean as someone "steeped in video games, bad sci-fi movies, and Conan the Barbarian comic books". The plot, which is told non-chronologically, alternates between Sean's childhood, adolescence, and adulthood to describe the circumstances surrounding the incident that disfigured him. A fictional play-by-mail role-playing game called Trace Italian figures prominently in the novel.

The novel has been described as a "meditation on the power of escape, exploring the escapist qualities of fantasy fiction and role-playing games, particularly as a way to cope with trauma. Wolf in White Van received positive reviews on release and was nominated for the 2014 National Book Award."

_____________________-

Times are hard. I'd rather not sell it but I don't really have much of a choice at this point. I know there are plenty fans of him and his music and book and words so I figured I' start here before taking the ebay route. Let me know. I'll work with you.

RankResistance

I would be interested, Ryan. I still have not actually gotten the book. Been too swamped to read anything of late. Do you have one to sell?

pronetoaccidents

yes I do actually. I picked up three because i'm insane so if you want to buy one by all means let me know! I'd just give it away as a gift but I'm in horrible shape in the finance department

RankResistance