I miss arguing on the pix board

Started by momitsnowme, August 17, 2015, 10:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momitsnowme

Debates on Facebook are the worst. You get all worked up about something and it actually damages relationships. And you have to worry about what your mom and employers think. Too stressful. Bring back the champagne room?

pronetoaccidents

I've always been an avid supporter of bringing back the champagne room.

We also need a good ol' troll. I've said it before, they always make it so exciting. people actually talk and post and interact and everyone comes outta the woodwork..  we need a big, fat, obnoxious, ridiculously ignorant troll who says horrible things. yeah, that'll be good.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

Joe

THIS THREAD IS STUPID AND YOU ARE BOTH GENDERED REPRESENTATIONS OF EVERYTHING BAD AND IF I COULD FIGHT ANYONE IT WOULD BE WHOMEVER INVENTED FOLK PUNK.

momitsnowme

Courtney

The problem with facebook is that I never, ever wanted to know the details of my extended family's political beliefs. Yet they insist on posting about them constantly.

You guys are alright, though. By "alright," I mean FUCK ALL OF YOU! COME AT ME, BRO.

momitsnowme

I'm pretty good at ignoring a lot of the shit people post but I still manage to get sucked in. Usually when I post a comment that I think is going to be like super common sense and hard to argue with and then people are still ridiculous about it.

Anna Karina

One thing's for sure, I'm always right about everything.

Everyone who disagrees is a loser. A total loser.

Anna Karina

I am perfectly fine with arguing over Facebook. And I do!

Anna Karina

Rainey defriended me for calling one of his friends an idiot once!

Anna Karina

I post about police brutality a lot!

Where Cody at?

Anna Karina

Courtney

My aunt and I no longer speak because I "made her look stupid" by pointing out that kids CAN pray in school, contrary to some meme she shared. My uncle thinks it's nuts that I don't want him commenting on my facebook while he has a giant rebel flag for his profile picture. And don't even get me started on when Caitlyn Jenner's Vanity Fair cover came out.

I do think it's interesting that the family members I'm supposed to be most careful not to offend (cousins in NC with a Southern Baptist preacher father/grandfather who never even swear), are the ones who never post anything hateful toward any group of people.

Anna Karina

I've come to find out through my various Facebook posts that my parents seem to be a lot more conservative than I thought they were.

momitsnowme

Quote from: Anna Karina on August 17, 2015, 09:36:35 PM
I've come to find out through my various Facebook posts that my parents seem to be a lot more conservative than I thought they were.

this is the weirdest. not my parents in particular, but other family members. the worst was when my uncle posted something basically saying he didn't care if muslim kids were killed because they were all future terrorists anyway.

skateandannoy

I forgot about how much arguing I used to do on Facebook when I had one. It was like all I used it for. Preaching the evangel of anarchism on every political post my liberal and conservative friends made. For the last five years I've just done that in person instead.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

skateandannoy

https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

jer

I barely go on facebook at all anymore because all of the people i care about are apparently soulless monsters.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

rory

Happy to see that mostly my extended family posts a lot of those moms-sure-do-like-to-drink-wine memes, rather than hateful weird conservative things. It's a lot of platitudes on bad Photoshop, but I'll take that over a whole lot of other things.

Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

Vagroaches

Haha, Becca... I have a clear memory of arguing with you about gender and "psychology class." Must have been almost 10 years ago at this point. You hit the nail on the head on how those arguments made me feel.

thujone

didn't we all stop arguing when chris came back to the board and decided he didn't like it?

also seriously for real... does anyone have any connection at all to cody or know what happened to him? he was rad.

jer

he stopped being 15 and became a hedgefund manager
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

momitsnowme

Quote from: Vagroaches on August 18, 2015, 10:38:37 AM
Haha, Becca... I have a clear memory of arguing with you about gender and "psychology class." Must have been almost 10 years ago at this point. You hit the nail on the head on how those arguments made me feel.

Oh man, I don't remember this. What were we arguing?

BlakeK

Quote from: Anna Karina on August 17, 2015, 09:02:54 PM
One thing's for sure, I'm always right about everything.

Everyone who disagrees is a loser. A total loser.
Are you Donald Trump's campaign manager?

Someone on my Facebook page invited me into a group called atheists vs Christians and it automatically made me join the group. It's the worst! The atheists are all pompous and condescending? The Christians seem to all be trolls. It drives the atheists crazy every time. You'd think they'd learn after a while that they're being trolled.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

BagginSagginBrian

Quote from: thujone on August 18, 2015, 12:51:35 PM

also seriously for real... does anyone have any connection at all to cody or know what happened to him? he was rad.

Last he posted he lives in oakland now, I thankfully have not run into him.

ramblinrabble

There is no such thing as white privilege, and men are oppressed in today's society.

There you go, everyone.  Start arguing.