Spare Some Change for your Canadian Brothers and Sisters?

Started by Sketchward, June 13, 2014, 03:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sketchward

So, Canada is having its first-ever folk punk festival on the scale of PIX-Fest, and I'm going around spreading the word and trying to bum up some funds for them.

I know many of you are unlikely to be able to attend, and money is tight in our "scene", but even $5 helps. :)

If any of you are interested in the donation rewards, I can try and hook something up with your PO box.

Sketchward

There is also two cool videos on that page! Other bands playing include Annoying, who wrote Broke and Hungry. If you haven't heard it, it's on YouTube.

rabbit

oo v cool - i've always wanted to check out canada. is there a rough setlist announced?

Sketchward

I don't think so, but there are a few confirmed bands. Honestly I doubt I'd know any of them anyways, they seem to mostly be travelers and buskers and local bands from around the country. I was hoping this festival would introduce me to some new music.

pronetoaccidents

no dice! I proposed a PIX lottery like 10,0000 times already and i practically had to lay down on the floor while everyone on the board lined up until they were standing directly over my open mouth and took a shit in it. i got turned down so much and the idea was genius.

so, here again, is my sales pitch..]

we have a lot of members. and A LOT of guests. if everyone contributed one daily monthly and it was a literally that the winner got to keep the money which would be a couple hundred. and if there's some illegal loterally loophole that dollar contribution to the lottery could be called something else.. i dunno, a special PIX club. a dollar gets you an empty letter but cris clavin licked the envelope shut. 5 dollars gets you one with mikey erg or something and complete with whatever bands his with this day. and if you contribute more i'll come over and give you fellatio and/cunninglus or a mixtape. it's up to you. you're the lucky winner. see.. so the higher you enter the more money you win? eh? eh? EH??

there's gotta be someone down with me and someone trust worthy we can send the money to and he picks the winner outta a hat. and some of the money goes to charity. okay? so everyone's happy!! for REAL
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

Sketchward

A lot of people here don't live in the United States and a lot of people don't use credit cards or bank accounts, which makes paying even $1 on the internet a problem - more likely you'd end up with 5 or 6 diehards and somebody winning $5 or $6 a month, which nobody would care about.

momitsnowme

Yep. Because either like....a few people would win more while other people who needed money got poorer, or it would be "fair" and people would end up winning eventually and then it's just like getting your money back. I get that it would be more exciting to get $100 at once, but if that's the goal, open a savings account and get interest at least.

ramblinrabble

Quote from: Sketchward on June 13, 2014, 05:28:48 PM
A lot of people here don't live in the United States and a lot of people don't use credit cards or bank accounts, which makes paying even $1 on the internet a problem - more likely you'd end up with 5 or 6 diehards and somebody winning $5 or $6 a month, which nobody would care about.

We could use a cyrptocurrency

Graphix

Quote from: ramblinrabble on June 14, 2014, 04:56:20 AM
Quote from: Sketchward on June 13, 2014, 05:28:48 PM

We could use a cyrptocurrency

You called?
Came to this thread to see if I could donate CC to Mountains To Dust.
Well can I, RJ?

kw

Quote from: momitsnowme on June 14, 2014, 12:14:36 AM
Yep. Because either like....a few people would win more while other people who needed money got poorer, or it would be "fair" and people would end up winning eventually and then it's just like getting your money back. I get that it would be more exciting to get $100 at once, but if that's the goal, open a savings account and get interest at least.

my thoughts exactly.

pronetoaccidents

it's just the luck of the draw baby. and i got just one question for ya.. ya feeling lucky kid? well are you? whadda ya got to loose?
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

Pwoink