anyone actually see the new mad max?

Started by pronetoaccidents, June 01, 2015, 11:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

I'm embarrassed to say I did but I actually don't regret it. It was pretty metal. When they prepare for war they have this giant caravan thing with drummers and in the front some dude with a deformed face and his shreds an axe that shoots fire..

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

Anna Karina

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on June 01, 2015, 11:49:26 AM
I'm embarrassed to say I did
...what?

I liked the movie but fucking hate the guitar idiot.

pronetoaccidents

the breast milk factory was pretty over the top, as well as the neo-nazi like guys who are so pumped to die and go to Valhalla

Stinkbug

I saw it, and thought it was awesome.  Just so over the top.  And I liked the guitar guy.  So unnecessary, but so hilarious.  And being a polecat seems like so much fun.

kw

great movie, so well done and loved that they show and don't tell. so little dialogue, which was perfect as there wasnt much needed

Joe

I didn't like it.  I felt like it was more cartoonish than the previous films, but maybe that's just my nostalgia talking. 

The previous films made the world seem huge and desolate and gritty, where this one the world seemed really small and very populated and mythical.

I really liked the slow opening though... I just wanted more of that. 

rory

I liked it enough for it not really being my thing. My partner hated it. She hated the guitar guy. But in my assessment, in a greedy society controlled by white men, wouldn't there be just like shitty over the top guitar riffs for no reason? Honestly, seemed pretty believable to me.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

pronetoaccidents

it was like a bad trip at the gathering of the juggalos if instead of jugallos they were neonazis.. sorta. i think that sums it up.

CrackyMcCrackerson

Quote from: Anna Karina on June 01, 2015, 11:52:21 AM
Quote from: pronetoaccidents on June 01, 2015, 11:49:26 AM
I'm embarrassed to say I did
...what?

I liked the movie but fucking hate the guitar idiot.

I loved the Doof Warrior.

lindsey

Late to this thread but I saw it twice, and really liked it. I think seeing it a second time made me like it more, because it wasn't as stressful and I was able to enjoy more of the spectacle and story. I really like the whole mythology around the making of the movie. I wasn't really emotionally attached to originals, having only seen them within the past few months, and definitely found them...not that interesting? Just one of the many movies along this lines where I'm just like, as a woman this is clearly not made for me? The new Mad Max didn't feel that way at all, which was fucking awesome. 

AaronTheCabe

finished my second watch. fucking amazing. best sequel/reboot ever. the last shot of max. totally feel ya bro. Furiousa made the movie though,  there's nonstop action, a redemptive story arch, commentary on gender roles, and a badass soundtrack.

that is all.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast