Need ideas for one year anniversary gift

Started by CrackyMcCrackerson, February 19, 2015, 02:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackyMcCrackerson

Okay, so my girlfriend and I have been exclusively been a couple for 1 year on 3/1.  I know she is making me something(I think it is scrapbook or memory book or something) and I have no idea what to do.  I already wrote her a song for the 6 month and I don't want to repeat myself.   I've already gotten started on a sort of prose piece of why she is the best thing in my life.  I don't want to just buy something because it will infinitely less meaningful.  So, if anyone has any good ideas, I'm all ears.   If you have any questions about us/specifics just ask and I will provide.

James Anarchy Scallywag

buy something you sentimental cheapskate.  people love stuff

amanda

It's fine to buy her something, so long as it's thoughtful.  Sit down and really think about the things she loves and what brings her joy in this world and buy something related.  It doesn't have to be big or expensive, it just has to let her know that you're paying attention.  Or if you guys have any weird little traditions, get her something related to that.

For instance, my partner is super nerdy about airplanes, specifically the commercial air industry and old Soviet airlines/military planes.  So for our first anniversary, I got him a vintage pilot's carry-on Pan Am bag.  I got it on ebay from a retired pilot for under 25 bucks and he loved it. 

BlakeK

Quote from: amanda on February 22, 2015, 04:31:03 PM
It's fine to buy her something, so long as it's thoughtful.  Sit down and really think about the things she loves and what brings her joy in this world and buy something related.  It doesn't have to be big or expensive, it just has to let her know that you're paying attention.  Or if you guys have any weird little traditions, get her something related to that.

For instance, my partner is super nerdy about airplanes, specifically the commercial air industry and old Soviet airlines/military planes.  So for our first anniversary, I got him a vintage pilot's carry-on Pan Am bag.  I got it on ebay from a retired pilot for under 25 bucks and he loved it. 
I agree with Amanda. It's fine to buy something as long as you put thought into it. If you have the funds buy her something that she's been asking for and will use. I know it doesn't seem romantic but it is always nice and exciting to get something you've been wanting. If you don't have the money, recreate your first date. I've gotten a good response for doing that (at the end you can give her a gift such as I suggested earlier or you can give her a poem or a song).

Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

CrackyMcCrackerson

If you were wondering what I did, I got a nestled polka dot box.  The big black has three small boxes. Each box has something I've written.  Each box is lined with little felt hearts. One box(the bigger of the three) holds some dark dark chocolate and a basically a long love letter giving exposition and my thoughts on our relationship up to this point. I go through events as I saw them and it'll be interesting to see if she saw them any differently now that so much times has passed.  The two smaller boxes have small cards in them.  One boxes card has a haiku I wrote for her and the other boxes card is just a freeverse poem I wrote for her.

I have no idea what she made but I'm sure it's more crafty.  But, thanks for the help, guys.