Need help finding music a.k.a. feeling out of touch

Started by BlakeK, February 15, 2015, 08:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

I was searching around the internet and found a band called Break Anchor that has members of the Suicide Machines and Alkaline Trio. I really like the two songs I heard. I tried to figure out how to buy or download their music. I got to their facebook page and they have 12 songs total and it appears they have released 3 EPs but I couldn't figure out how to buy their music without buying each song individually. I guess I wouldn't mind paying the 12 bucks for all the songs but I would rather be able to buy albums. I've purchased albums from bands' pages before via downloads but I can't do it on their site. Is this a thing now where rather than buying albums, you just buy songs individually? I don't like that for some reason. The torrent sites that I frequent don't usually have obscure punk bands. I don't want to get lectured about supporting artists as the vast majority of my downloading consists of albums I've purchased in the past.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

skateandannoy

Break Anchor kicks ass. I was so pumped to hear Jay was doing another band. SM will always be a favorite. I don't know what's the deal with their bandcamp, it's weird. He're's the split with All Eyes West for free on their Bandcamp:
http://alleyeswest.bandcamp.com/album/split-7-w-break-anchor 

good luck with the rest!
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

rory

I just listen to Krill's new album all the time, so I'm out of touch with everything that isn't Krill's new album.

Or Alex G.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

Anna Karina

Do you use what/waffles for torrents? Because I pretty much always find anything I'm looking for on there (more so on what). Unfortunately my ratio sucks now because nobody else downloads the shit I do so I don't have any invites.

Other than that, I mostly get stuff from other messageboards and Bandcamp, and can't really think of any other way I get music other than that. Soulseek is another option that a lot of people still mention but I never use it.

Really this is the only album you ever need anyway:

http://mydickband.bandcamp.com/album/my-dicks-double-full-length-release

ramblinrabble

So what you're saying is that you have invite codes? :)

BlakeK

I feel really stupid but what/waffles for torrents? I don't know what that means. I use bit torrent and get my torrents through kickass.to All I know is that I click on the magnet, hit "okay" or "yes" a couple of times and magic is made. Soulseek has been around for a long time and I know I've used it and not liked it in the past. I'll probably just buy the 12 individual songs.

ramblinrabble

What.cd and waffles.fm are private torrent sites like iptorrents and the long gone demonoid.  You need an invite code in order to register, but you can find A LOT on there.   So Brett, howsabout a hookup?

Anna Karina

Quote from: Anna Karina on February 25, 2015, 09:34:38 PM
Unfortunately my ratio sucks now because nobody else downloads the shit I do so I don't have any invites.

ramblinrabble

Oops.  Failed to read that part.  I saw what/waffles and jumped on the desire to get invites.  Damnit, start seeding less obscure stuff so I can start leeching!

pronetoaccidents

i'm excited about hearing this! i was planning on getting my alk trio heart n skull tat this weekend. my buddy is an apprentice at a tattoo place and i've gotten 2 new ones in a one day span. i thought tattoos in general were addicting, try free ones from one of your best childhood friends. it's surreal.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

BlakeK

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on March 31, 2015, 08:41:40 AM
i'm excited about hearing this! i was planning on getting my alk trio heart n skull tat this weekend. my buddy is an apprentice at a tattoo place and i've gotten 2 new ones in a one day span. i thought tattoos in general were addicting, try free ones from one of your best childhood friends. it's surreal.
I am always wary of getting tattoos but especially wary of getting tattoos of bands. I always feared that I would lose interest with a band and be stuck with a tattoo of a band that I didn't like. I also feared that the band or a band member would do something to make me ashamed to have the tattoo. Not getting a Screeching Weasel tattoo seems to be a good call, now. I've never seriously considered getting a tattoo due to fearing I wouldn't like it and would then be stuck with it for life. Now that I said that I'm thinking that perhaps I would like to get a small tattoo....I'm very indecisive.

I've toyed with the idea of getting the words Eros and Thanatos tattooed on opposite sides of my body. Eros is the psychological drive a person has to engage in survival strategies and Thanatos is drive towards self destruction. I've been told that this would probably not look good on opposite sides due to the words being different in length

skateandannoy

Saw Break Anchor three nights ago with The Suicide Machines and they kicked ass! Their new record is awesome from what I heard live. You can scoop it up on CD or vinyl here: http://paperplastick.limitedrun.com/products/547440-break-anchor-in-a-van-down-by-the-river

Full stream of record: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3723115
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang