band you hate that everyone seems to love

Started by kw, January 17, 2015, 05:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

kw

Gator Punch

Masked Intruder.  I think the concept is awesome, and I like some of the music, but the vocals are just too sugary for me.  I guess I like my pop punk a little dirtier.

picayoan

Sublime...  Most overrated "ska" band ever of all time in my opinion.

ramblinrabble

Quote from: picayoan on March 20, 2015, 09:32:58 AM
Sublime...  Most overrated "ska" band ever of all time in my opinion.

Very much this.   I dont mind their existence all that much, but holy shit they get way more praise than they deserve.

Sketchward

Tool.
Metallica and Slayer.
Whoever the fuck sings that "In love with the coco" song, holy fuck that song needs to go away.
ACDC.
Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Enter Sandman, Smoke on the Water, and all the other songs that newbie guitar players play endlessly.
Andrew Jackson Jihad (I dunno if they frequent these forums, but I'm not trying to start shit).

Anna Karina

People who aren't 19-year-old fratboys in 2004 praise Sublime?

lindsey

haha yeah i think sublime is shit on way more than praised

BlakeK

I liked Sublime a lot better when I was a teenager in the mid to late 90s. I love Tool who were mentioned earlier. They put on the best live show I've ever seen, though me being very fucked up may have been a factor.

Any rap artists whose first album came out 2010 or later fits into groups/musicians I hate that everyone loves. There may be 1 or 2 exceptions
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

skateandannoy

Quote from: Sketchward on March 22, 2015, 06:27:10 PM
Tool.
ACDC.
Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Enter Sandman, Smoke on the Water, and all the other songs that newbie guitar players play endlessly.
Quote from: picayoan on March 20, 2015, 09:32:58 AM
Sublime
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

Pat2099

I know it's a song and not a band and I generally like the B-52's but I can not stand "The Love Shack."It's so sucky, the more I think about it the more I hate it! 

Anna Karina

Jay

The Mountain Goats. I really don't get it. My friend even brought me to a show and I hoped that seeing them would make me understand why so many people love them. It didnt.

Anna Karina

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Boxcar

I've tried to listen to the Misfits, but they just don't do anything for me.  (For the record, I don't know if everyone loves the Misfits or if the Misfits are just good at marketing.) "Dig Up Her Bones" is probably the only acceptable song.

While I like what Crass was about, the music... Ah... I don't actively hate Crass, but I don't think I would ever have the thought, "I really feel like listening to Crass."

(On the other side of things, Propagandhi is my favourite and I'm wearing a Masked Intruder shirt as I type these very words!)

James Anarchy Scallywag

Holy shit the video for Dig Up Her Bones is hysterical, I can't believe they are still fooling little punk kids sounding like some serious butt rock. 

You really like that song the most compared to danzig era misfits dude?

skateandannoy

Quote from: James Anarchy Scallywag on March 24, 2015, 06:42:33 PM
Holy shit the video for Dig Up Her Bones is hysterical, I can't believe they are still fooling little punk kids sounding like some serious butt rock. 

Dear lord, James and I agree on something.

kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

skateandannoy

Quote from: Pat2099 on March 23, 2015, 07:05:28 PM
I know it's a song and not a band and I generally like the B-52's but I can not stand "The Love Shack."It's so sucky, the more I think about it the more I hate it! 
That song is the worst, but "Rock Lobster" is one of the best things ever.

Joe

I had no idea that that shit version of The Misfits ever existed. . .  I wish I never would have looked at that dig up her bones video.

Also, Song for a Future Generation and 52 Girls are probably the best B-52 things ever.  Rock Lobster is ok, I guess... I don't hate it, but I feel like it's always go-to B-52s at parties, so it's kinda meh.

Mesopotamia is pretty good, too.  I guess my point is that Rock Lobster sucks comparatively.  lol.

(also, I feel like Daun from the Door-Keys would be awesome in a B-52s tribute band for Rock-n-Roll Prom or whatever.)

Boxcar

Quote from: James Anarchy Scallywag on March 24, 2015, 06:42:33 PM

It's possible that my tastes have changed. I haven't tried listening to the Misfits since 2008 or so. I just listened to "Dig Up Her Bones," and that certainly hasn't held up, so who knows what's what anymore?

ramblinrabble

Quote from: skateandannoy on March 25, 2015, 07:28:57 AM
The theme song they did for Rockos Modern Life is one of the best things ever.

rory

Lots of correct opinions about the B-52s in this thread
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

skateandannoy

Quote from: ramblinrabble on March 25, 2015, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: skateandannoy on March 25, 2015, 07:28:57 AM
The theme song they did for Rockos Modern Life is one of the best things ever.
I forgot they did that! Love it. I stand by my love for Rock Lobster though.

Soda Jerk

Godspeed You Black Emperor.

I just don't get it.

ramblinrabble

A friend of mine liked them, so I figured I'd check them out.  I spent a couple of hours on one of their albums.  Then I switched to the next track.