Started by pronetoaccidents, January 07, 2015, 08:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

Unknown Passage - The Dead Moon Story
The Devil and Daniel Johnston
You're Gonna Miss Me - A Film about Roky Erickson
Decline of Western Civilization
1991: The Year Punk Broke
I'm Like This Everyday (Peter Stubb documentary)
End of the Century: Story of the Ramones
Wasted Orient: Joyside
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

kw

CrackyMcCrackerson

I am trying to break your heart-wilco
Instrument-Fugazi

Instrument is so fucking good.

rory

I watched Instrument when I was coming down from acid and couldn't yet fall asleep, and it pretty much made me totally and completely fall in love with Fugazi.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

pronetoaccidents

Quote from: rory on January 07, 2015, 12:39:38 PM
I watched Instrument when I was coming down from acid and couldn't yet fall asleep, and it pretty much made me totally and completely fall in love with Fugazi.

that's ridiculous because the exact same thing happened to me, only I was peaking on acid, 6 hits pupils the size of hockey pucks and it just CLICKED. i never liked fugazi beforehand. in fact i actually found them to be boring and didn't know what the big deal about them was.

pronetoaccidents

excellent documentary and very touching when the band members discuss Ians death.

regardless of your feelings for this man, this documentary rules and is extremely well done.

CrackyMcCrackerson

I never liked Big Star until this doc

As a musician, it inspired and brought forth a well-spring of creativity and I wrote 3 songs(not about the movie) that night.

skateandannoy

Quote from: kw on January 07, 2015, 08:19:20 AM
anvil: the story of anvil
So good!

I liked American Hardcore but when Jack Grisham from TSOL claimed/ admitted to being a rapist it freaked me out. I really liked TSOL but since that I just can't really listen to them and I haven't seen the film since.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

michaelcopeland

I just watched Instrument. I'm still not really crazy about their music but that was an AWESOME movie!

pronetoaccidents

Quote from: michaelcopeland on January 09, 2015, 12:28:04 AM
I just watched Instrument. I'm still not really crazy about their music but that was an AWESOME movie!

i dug the part when they played the show in some random school gymnasium and the singer (i forget his name.. the dude from rites of spring) is crawling through the basketball hoop and dangling upside down and screaming and it's just raw as fuck.

CrackyMcCrackerson

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on January 09, 2015, 10:11:23 AM

i dug the part when they played the show in some random school gymnasium and the singer (i forget his name.. the dude from rites of spring) is crawling through the basketball hoop and dangling upside down and screaming and it's just raw as fuck.

Guy Picciotto.

Fugazi is, without a doubt, my favorite band.  As a teen I was obsessed with them and as a 28 year old I am just hoping they make another record some day.  If anyone listened to their final record, The Argument, released 2001, it is their crowing achievement and it is just as stunning as it was then, today. It goes like this- if I am only ranking studio albums(not counting 13 songs)

1. The Argument
2. In on the Kill Taker
3. Repeater
4. End Hits
5. Red Medicine
6. Steady Diet of Nothing

michaelcopeland

That part was really cool! I don't know how he was still singing being upside down like that.

Also, I heard Bomb the Music Industry! was making a documentary. Does anybody know anything about this?

Scout-About

I'm still excited for Never Get Tired to come out.
Woop-scoops!

skateandannoy

Quote from: michaelcopeland on January 09, 2015, 02:25:36 PM

That part was really cool! I don't know how he was still singing being upside down like that.

Also, I heard Bomb the Music Industry! was making a documentary. Does anybody know anything about this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saracrow/never-get-tired-the-bomb-the-music-industry-story

They actually made the money that the guy trying to make the Leftover Crack documentary wanted haha
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

Uncle

DIG (dandy warhols, brian jonestown massacre) is a great one