i am in a new band, it is called vile creature, here is some music & tour dates

Started by kw, December 19, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kw

i've had this thread for a bit. thought i'd give it some context. i stopped playing music a long while ago, and recently my partner and i have begun playing together. it has been super fun and really rewarding. we recorded our first songs last month and are "releasing" them on friday the 13th... but i thought i'd share them here. the first time i played songs and started recording them, i shared them here... like 15 or whatever years ago. so that's cool.

it is a doom metal band, the lyrics talk about queer, intersexed, and feminist issues. i am really proud of it.

http://vilecreature.bandcamp.com

07 May - Toronto, ON @ D-Beatstro
08 May - Montreal, ON @ CATS
09 May - Boston, MA @ O'Brien's Pub
10 May - Providence, RI @ Psychic Readings
11 May - New Brunswick, NJ @ Circuit City
12 May - Baltimore, MD @ Charm City
13 May - Richmond, VA @ Church of Abe
14 May - Washington DC @ Hot Tub House
15 May - Pittsburgh, PA @ City Grows
16 May - Philadelphia, PA @ LAVA
18 May - Allentown, PA @ Alternative Gallery
19 May - Brooklyn, NY @ Don Pedro's
20 May - Rochester, NY @ Bug Jar
21 May - Buffalo NY @ Sugar City
22 May - St. Catharines, ON @ the Temple
23 May - Kitchener-Waterloo, ON @ North & Coldwater House

kw

kw

kw

pronetoaccidents

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

kw

pronetoaccidents

kw

kw

kw

AaronTheCabe

Checkin' out the bandcamp, i'm not really a huge metal fan so pardon if i'm wrong but it seems queer and feminist issues are lacking in the genre and i think thats bloody awesome (but i am not familiar with the diy or underground metal scene) and listening as typing i know my brother will love this and will have to buy this as a gift for him

edit: awesome that you using genderqueer and feminist issues in lyrical content, not that its awesome it is lacking in metal, if it is truly lacking. awkward sentence structuring and having been applied linguistics in school, just couldn't leave it without clarifying
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

kw

lacking is probably the proper term, there are a plethora of heavy queer/feminist bands, but not a ton in the slow and heavy department.

AaronTheCabe

just bought it and sent to brother as gift. i like that you can do that on bandcamp.

price was weird, i put in $5, and it said 3.94 and then i figured out that was in CAD but then said 4.04 at the end of checkout soooo i hope bandcamp isn't skimming off the top.

supporting the diy community is one of the few joys i have left in life. Keep making music brother.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

rory

This sounds really really cool, kw. If ya ever need a show in Kalamazoo, MI let me know!
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

kw

Quote from: rory on March 12, 2015, 04:20:29 PM
This sounds really really cool, kw. If ya ever need a show in Kalamazoo, MI let me know!

thanks rory! we'd definitely like to make it out to michigan (especially since we're not far from ya at all!) come play in ontario sometime as well!

rory

My band has to get their IDs in order / make sure legal troubles are behind them before entering Canada, so I'm not sure if my main band is ever gonna make it out there, unfortunately. I really want to play in Ontario, everyone I know who has played over there has had a good time.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

kw

Quote from: rory on March 13, 2015, 08:27:20 AM
My band has to get their IDs in order / make sure legal troubles are behind them before entering Canada, so I'm not sure if my main band is ever gonna make it out there, unfortunately. I really want to play in Ontario, everyone I know who has played over there has had a good time.

we definitely do have some rad shows. i really like that each small town has their own unique scene, you could do a 2 week tour and never drive more than 45ish minutes.

kw

Quote from: baby talk on March 15, 2015, 08:53:20 PM
Fuck your new band. You're an asshole.

while you're more than entitled to your opinion, and i have definitely been a weird and shitty person at times in my history, that type of aggression and personal attack isn't something that's very welcome around here. you'd know that if you took part in the community here more than just posting your own music. furthermore, your own website says you don't play with anyone who is mean spirited, maybe consider how mean spirited you are currently being. please don't do that again.

if i've done something to personally offend or harm you, i offer you my sincerest apologies and feel free to personal message me if you'd like to talk about it or work it out.

jer

I'm definitely interested in how this fucking nonsense plays out...
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

kw

Quote from: jer on March 16, 2015, 09:13:35 AM
I'm definitely interested in how this fucking nonsense plays out...

well the record is 38m07s long, so itll play out rather slowly and drawn out.

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

pronetoaccidents

i like the music a lot. keep it up. if you play a show anywhere near new york city let me know and i'll be there with buckets of goats blood and a copy of the necronomicon that you can sign for me afterwards.

metal!

kw

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on March 16, 2015, 12:15:12 PM
i like the music a lot. keep it up. if you play a show anywhere near new york city let me know and i'll be there with buckets of goats blood and a copy of the necronomicon that you can sign for me afterwards.

metal!

r e s p e c t

baby talk

I won't take back what I wrote because I feel that it needed to be said.

I dismiss your work because your attitude towards others has given me the right to.

You haven't done anything to harm me personally, but I feel that you have harmed the community.

On the old message board you were rude and discouraging to other musicians that were new to the board. This kind of behavior doesn't sit well with me and is also what disappoints me the most about this board and the punk community in general.

* I also don't feel you deserve your own thread just because your friends with the moderator, but whatever.  I hope you understand where I am coming from. Peace.