Name a Movie You Hate That Everyone Else Seems to Love

Started by CrackyMcCrackerson, December 11, 2014, 11:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackyMcCrackerson

Anna Karina

Anna Karina

Phitney

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. So many people recommended it to me and I got kind of offended that they would recommend such a shit movie with shit themes to me.

bee

Eternal sunshine...

Hate that frickin movie. HATE it.

BlakeK

There are a lot of comedies that involve people being humiliated or severely embarrassed that rub me the wrong way. I can't name any right off hand but I'm sure one will come to me. Sometimes that sort of thing bothers me and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm not a big fan of There's Something About Mary or Meet the Parents.

Action movies piss me off quite often. I didn't like Iron Man or the sequel. I do like the majority of the Die Hard movies, though and they're pretty formulaic action movies.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

Anna Karina

99% of comic book movies are complete garbage. Not an exaggerated percentage on my part.

amanda

Anna Karina

I still like Eternal Sunshine but it hasn't aged well and reminds me of a terrible relationship I was in freshman year of college. Synecdoche New York, Adaptaion, and Being John Malkovich are all better.

Rapture Ready Blowhard

Quote from: Anna Karina on December 11, 2014, 06:03:56 PM
99% of comic book movies are complete garbage. Not an exaggerated percentage on my part.

I haven't seen too many comic/superhero movies, but just about all the ones I have seen were terrible.

Tarantino movies, especially Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.

Anna Karina

Star Wars
Star Trek
Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
Blade Runner

Nate Rainey

August: Osange County was a massive shitty turd that seemed to receive a bunch of praise from some people.
Signature get.

Nate Rainey

Signature get.

ramblinrabble

Anna Karina

BlakeK

Quote from: ramblinrabble on December 12, 2014, 02:11:48 PM
Anchorman
I did not like Anchorman the first time I saw it. The same with the Big Lebowski. I saw both several times after that and now love them both dearly.

I love Tarentino movies but could see how others might be put off by them.

I also love Paul Rudd and don't see how anyone could hate him.

BlakeK

Quote from: Anna Karina on December 12, 2014, 04:15:04 AM
Star Wars
Star Trek
Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
Blade Runner
Agree with all of these except the original 3 Star Wars movies. I hate the prequels.

Rapture Ready Blowhard

Quote from: BlakeK on December 12, 2014, 04:05:40 PM
Quote from: Anna Karina on December 12, 2014, 04:15:04 AM
Agree with all of these except the original 3 Star Wars movies. I hate the prequels.
If you don't like Jar Jar Binks and podracing, you aren't a real Star Wars fan.

ramblinrabble

pronetoaccidents

when it first came out I saw a few minutes of lord of the rings and thought it was boring as fuck and said fuck this shit and didn't watch it again for like 10 years and then about a year or two ago my girlfriend, who's a huge fan, got me into the movie and I instantly became a lord of the rings nerd. I love all the movies, got into the hobbit ones as well, am really excited for the final hobbit coming out Tuesday, got into the books including the obscure history of all the ages, pretty much anything tolkienesque. The Simirilian, all the family trees, everything.  The man was a genius. He was a professor and studied pre-history and forgotten and lost languages. so he imagined what could of been and created languages, history, and his attention to detail was so meticulous it trembles on the border between madness and genius.

and all tarantino movies are awesome. well I think so at least. I guess not everyone is a fan of gratuitous violence, exploitative sex, numerous droppings of the "n" bomb and such but I dunno, I think the mans a genius.   

but for me.. boondock saints. blah. that movie is nothing special at all and everyone used to rave about it
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

RankResistance

BlakeK

Quote from: RankResistance on December 13, 2014, 09:00:34 AM
Wes Anderson movies in general bore me to death.
I could definitely understand this. I really like Grand Budapest Hotel. I like his movies but that was my favorite.