I need guitar help!

Started by Drewcifer, November 26, 2014, 02:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewcifer

I am working on a trade with someone, and I want to make sure I am getting fair value.

How much do you think this guitar is worth, I've tried to do research, but it seems all over the place.

Guitar in question is a 2011 Gibson Les Paul 70s Tribute with Minibuckers, there is a chip in the headstock.

Thanks in advance!

RankResistance

I've been trying to buy a guitar for two years, but I am having difficulty deciding/pulling the trigger, but I check daily for "deals." Are you trading for the guitar or are you trying to get rid of the guitar?

These tribute ones were roughly $900-1000ish new (they were basically a stripped-down offshoot of the Studio). For a point of reference, they did the same thing for the 2013 line (50s, 60s, 70s tribute). Used, like you've said, I've seen them all over the place, mostly between $650-750.

I don't know how this will change now that the 2015s have been released and are SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive (for example, the $2500 Standard is now $3800, the really cheap $600 "Junior" is now $1100, etc.)- some people have speculated it will drive up the demand on the older "budget" models. I would like one of the 50s models with the P90s in them. I actually enjoy the feel of the unfinished neck.

I don't know about the headstock damage and its effect on price. That's no small ding. If it's something you/other people can live with and is purely aesthetic, it's all well and good. But if I'm buying, I'd probably expect some sort of discount, if only for the hit you would take if you hypothetically try to re-sell it.

Sorry, this probably wasn't helpful.

Drewcifer

Quote from: RankResistance on November 27, 2014, 10:03:59 AM
I've been trying to buy a guitar for two years, but I am having difficulty deciding/pulling the trigger, but I check daily for "deals." Are you trading for the guitar or are you trying to get rid of the guitar?

These tribute ones were roughly $900-1000ish new (they were basically a stripped-down offshoot of the Studio). For a point of reference, they did the same thing for the 2013 line (50s, 60s, 70s tribute). Used, like you've said, I've seen them all over the place, mostly between $650-750.

I don't know how this will change now that the 2015s have been released and are SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive (for example, the $2500 Standard is now $3800, the really cheap $600 "Junior" is now $1100, etc.)- some people have speculated it will drive up the demand on the older "budget" models. I would like one of the 50s models with the P90s in them. I actually enjoy the feel of the unfinished neck.

I don't know about the headstock damage and its effect on price. That's no small ding. If it's something you/other people can live with and is purely aesthetic, it's all well and good. But if I'm buying, I'd probably expect some sort of discount, if only for the hit you would take if you hypothetically try to re-sell it.

Sorry, this probably wasn't helpful.

It was helpful thank you. I was thinking of trading one of my guitars for this guitar + cash..

I was going to trade my Rickenbacker 650A Atlantis for this guitar + cash (because I needed the cash) but I actually decided against it, because I LOVE my guitar and I just can't do it.

So basically I was trying to find the value of this guitar to figure out the difference of the cost of my guitar.

RankResistance

Yikes. I hope your money situation gets better so it doesn't come down to you having to unload it, because that is something I'd want to hold onto, if only because the demand for Rics- the used market never slows down for them because there is a waiting list a mile long to get a new one.

You could offer me the LP and $800 and I still would probably walk away. If I DID choose to sell it, I'd sell it for as much as I could get and buy a guitar different than the one I would get in a trade. (I know that's easier said than done if you have an interested party...just speaking hypothetically.)

I'm extra jealous of you at the moment.

pronetoaccidents

anyone care to post their dream axe?

i would do anything for this bad boy.. beside the fact that Johnny Ramone only played Mosrites, I love the look/feel of em.

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

pronetoaccidents

oh and for my rockabilly endeavors this would come in handy too. all the gretsch hollowbodies are gorgeous.

pronetoaccidents

and i apologize for being of no help whatsoever and completely derailing the thread. my bad.

skateandannoy

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on November 29, 2014, 08:16:40 AM
oh and for my rockabilly endeavors this would come in handy too. all the gretsch hollowbodies are gorgeous.

Yes they are! Especially mine! haha

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on November 29, 2014, 08:17:40 AM
and i apologize for being of no help whatsoever and completely derailing the thread. my bad.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

pronetoaccidents

ah man that's such an awesome axe! wanna put me in your will and leave that behind in the event that something unfortunate were to happen to you? just kidding, hope you live for ever. i just wanna strum your baby a bit and make 'er purr.

skateandannoy

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on December 01, 2014, 11:15:49 AM
ah man that's such an awesome axe! wanna put me in your will and leave that behind in the event that something unfortunate were to happen to you? just kidding, hope you live for ever. i just wanna strum your baby a bit and make 'er purr.
Let me know if you're in Boston, or if I play down in NYC you're the first person I'll tell!
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

rory

I'm stoked on my Danelectro Baritone. I'm not much of a guitar player, but ever since buying this I play just about everyday.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

Drewcifer

Im actually looking to get some new pedals!
I also need help determine the order of my pedals to get the best performance and sound from all of them.

I play 90's style post hardcore/screamo, as well as some post rocky parts (Think City of Caterpillar and Pg. 99)

What pedals would you suggest for this style? And what effect do they make?

Right now I have (and in this patch order):
Guitar > Boss Tuner > Iron Horse Distortion > Boss Distortion DS-1 > Boss Delay DD-3 > Boss Loop RC-2 > Volume Pedal >Amp