Applying to grad school!

Started by disa, October 31, 2014, 02:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disa

Hey!

I'm in the process of applying to a couple of grad schools in the US for the fall semester of 2015. I have to include my CV with the application which means that I have to upgrade it and also try to translate it properly into english. Would anyone here be willing to read it and give me comments for improvements when I'm done with it?

dakotafloyd

Yah.  dakotafloyd@gmail.com whenever you're ready.

What schools / programs are ya looking at?  I'm finishing my master's in July.  Currently looking at doctoral programs.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

disa

Thanks Dakota!

I'm going to get my masters in Applied Behavior Anlysis. My top choice right now would be Simmons College in Boston but I'll probably apply to a couple of others as well. I'd prefer to stay somewhere in the northeast though, just so I can afford to go back home for holidays and stuff without having to sell some of my organs to be able to pay for it.

rory

Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: dakotafloyd on October 31, 2014, 04:56:12 PM

What schools / programs are ya looking at?  I'm finishing my master's in July.  Currently looking at doctoral programs.

holy jumping kangaroos dakota, did you do two years worth of masters stuff in one? (or is my sense of time off again, as it often is, except in term of the now. i can tell you what time it is without looking at the clock but future dates, past experieces, all like farts in the wind)
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

Courtney

Yay, Simmons! We had a couple people from there as guest speakers when I was at FSU. There's also WNEU in western Mass if you're looking into backup programs. I'm sure you'll get into Simmons, though. Good luck!

dakotafloyd

Quote from: AaronTheCabe on November 01, 2014, 02:50:50 AM
Quote from: dakotafloyd on October 31, 2014, 04:56:12 PM

holy jumping kangaroos dakota, did you do two years worth of masters stuff in one? (or is my sense of time off again, as it often is, except in term of the now. i can tell you what time it is without looking at the clock but future dates, past experieces, all like farts in the wind)

Yeah, I'm doing a typically two-year program in a year. Next semester is gonna be pretty intense, but I think I'll be fine. :)
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

momitsnowme

I can also look it over if you want another set of eyes :)