Plan-It-X Beer and General Alcohol Thread

Started by Anna Karina, June 10, 2014, 06:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Karina

The main beer I wanted to try (Lazy Susan) was already tapped before we got there, which was upsetting. The Not Normal ended up being really good though so I can't complain too much.

Beers I drank tonight:

Highland Park Not Normal (x2)
Highland Park Spaz
Highland Park Vacation w/ Brett (was disappointed in this one)
Highland Park Hello, LA IPA (x2)
Lips of Faith Le Terroir
Prairie Cherry Funk

Luckily they bottled Lazy Susan recently and will be releasing it in the next few weeks, so I should be able to try it unless it sells out ridiculously fast.

Anna Karina

Seriously loving Highland Park Brewery. Fourth visit.

Unfortunately they didn't have their Hello LA IPA on tap tonight but they had some Not Normal.

Also drank some Beachwood Hop Vader, Tahoe Mountain Ms. Coco & The Delicate Oatsters, Almanac Dark Pumpkin Sour, and brought home

Anna Karina

I cracked open a bottle of Hanssens Artisenal Oude Kriek tonight. Absolutely love it. Hugely tart unlike a lot of cherry sours I've had recently (I enjoyed Cherry Funk but was disappointed that it wasn't very tart) and only $11 for 750ml. Apparently a shelf beer and I hope it stays that way so I can continue finding it easily.

Anna Karina

Anna Karina

I assume no one will take me up on it, but I'm heading to Highland Park Brewery tomorrow if anyone else cares to meet up for some beers.

Their first bottle release: Vacation With Brett and Lazy Susan (Lazy Susan being a ridiculously good sour and Vacation With Brett is pretty good but not on par).

14 of their own beers on top:

Refresh House Beer
New Wave Citrusy Wheat
Tiny Shape Pale Ale
Neon IPA
Wake Up Session Coffee
Wake Up at Michael's (lavender)
Ham Porter
Coco Noche Coconut Stout
Griffith J Griffith Imperial Stout
Lazy Susan Peach/Nectarine Sour
Vacation with Brett
Spazz Sour
Yard Beer #1
HPB Oktoberfest Lager

Anna Karina

Seriously love this place.

Tonight I done drank a bunch o' HPB beers:

Lazy Susan (peach/nectarine sour) 4.5
Spazz (wheat sour) 4
Neon (west coast IPA) 4
Wake Up at Michael's (coffee stout with lavender) 3.5
Griffith J Griffith (imperial coffee stout) 4
Ham Porter 3
Tiny-Shape (pale ale) 2.5
Vacation with Brett (wild ale) 3 (needs to age)
New Wave (citrusy wheat) 3

RankResistance

\

For those who like their cake in beer form.

skateandannoy

I've been on a serious local kick. Slumbrew Porter Square Porter, Jack's Abbey Smoke and Dagger, and a handful of Harpoon Octoberfests I've had kicking around.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

SomeComicGeek

I finally got to try Brew Dog's Tactical Nuclear Penguin (32% ABV) this week, and, surprise, it wasn't the best beer in the world.

I've been really digging on this local brewery's milk stout (Wiseacre's Gotta Get Up to Get Down) recently, though. It's so smooth and creamy that I accidentally drank a growler of it one night.

Graphix

I really haven't had anything to drink since Jer came to town - and then almost a year before that.
I do remember liking glenfiddich 18, would like to try the 21 some day.
Just like kids, I bet it's amazing what 3 years can do.

jer

Wes got wasted and I was the sober one. It was weird.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

Anna Karina

Srsly love this brewery. Not necessarily the best beers I've had this year but some really great ones and the potential to be just as good as Beachwood in the next few years, and it's really nice having a local place to go to as opposed to a long hike to find a good brewery. More places should release bottles via EventBrite preorders.

Apparently their next release is a pale ale with huell Mellon hops and brett trois.

Anna Karina

There are better LA breweries, but can't really go wrong with a beer bottled the same day you're drinking it.

Also, new Highland Park Brewery releases next weekend!

disa

This thread makes me sad because I can't drink beer anymore

Anna Karina

Anna Karina

Slowly collecting every Nick Cave album. Up two two Birthday Party and four Bad Seeds albums now.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

skateandannoy

Quote from: Graphix on January 23, 2015, 11:23:31 AM
I do remember liking glenfiddich 18, would like to try the 21 some day.
21 is good too.

At the beach yesterday, had a Hell or High Watermelon, Far From The Tree Hard Cider, Two Jack's Abbey Jabbeybrau's, and a Dark Horse Blueberry Stout.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang