Plan-It-X Beer and General Alcohol Thread

Started by Anna Karina, June 10, 2014, 06:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Karina

It's taking a lot of effort not to just straight up chug those Cantillons already.

I opened this instead.

Anna Karina

I wasn't gonna drink tonight, but work was frustrating as hell and I bought a new mason jar, so I'm not gonna just not drink out of the mason jar.

I'm of the opinion that Blind Pig is better than Pliny. Bottled on 6/20.

AaronTheCabe

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

Rapture Ready Blowhard

Quote from: AaronTheCabe on July 05, 2014, 06:50:51 PM
211 Steel Reserve...
that is all

My friends and I drank Steel Reserve almost constantly when we were young (we even celebrated "Steel Reserve Day" on February 11th).  I visited one of these dudes about two years ago and we tried to share a forty for old times' sake and we couldn't make it past a few sips.

Phitney

Brett, have you had The Bruery's Sour? I don't remember if it had a fancy name or not, but it was the first sour I ever tried and it was damn delicious.

This one has been my go-to as of late:

But I tried this one the other day and fell in love:

rory

Drinking a black IPA from a new local place, and it's highly enjoyable.

For my friend's birthday last week we got a sampler plate of every beer the place has (it's a small place, maybe 14 craft beers on tap tops), and I at least somewhat liked almost every single one. This place is right down the street from me, but because of it's complete and total lack of "hipness"  (it is populated by 100 percent mid 30s white urban professionals, and the menu is in both papyrus and comic sans) I get to avoid running into absolutely anyone I know by going there. It's perfect.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

Anna Karina

This completely kicked my friend and my's ass last night.

Liked it a lot more than the first time I tried it. I prefer Sucre but yeah, this was a great ending to a night that started out by seeing this beautiful monstrosity:

Anna Karina

Best beer I've tried this year so far. Oh goodness.

Anna Karina

Anna Karina

Anna Karina

This porter, this porter is my kind of porter.

IMAWRAETHTHU

had an Ace Joker earlier today with some trainwreck
WHOEVER YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOU DO, WHERE EVER YOU ARE, YOU DON'T DESERVE ABUSE!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

IMAWRAETHTHU

I prefer Saisons to IPAs is what is my general personal statement about craft beer.

On another note, did anyone do Beer Camp???
WHOEVER YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOU DO, WHERE EVER YOU ARE, YOU DON'T DESERVE ABUSE!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

jer

Quote from: IMAWRAETHTHU on September 12, 2014, 09:38:12 AM
I prefer Saisons to IPAs is what is my general statement about craft beer.

oh cool, enjoy your inferior beer.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

IMAWRAETHTHU

Quote from: jer on September 12, 2014, 10:33:46 AM
Quote from: IMAWRAETHTHU on September 12, 2014, 09:38:12 AM
I prefer Saisons to IPAs is what is my general statement about craft beer.

oh cool, enjoy your inferior beer.

There were no IPAs in beer camp...lol

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

Anna Karina

There were hoppy beers in it, but they were like four months old, so it's a good thing they didn't go the IPA route really. Not sure what that's supposed to mean in regards to the fact that IPAs are better though.

Anna Karina

jer

Quote from: IMAWRAETHTHU on September 12, 2014, 11:28:59 AM

I mean, there's no IPAs on the fucking moon but that doesn't really detract from how much better IPAs are.

Quote from: Anna Karina on September 12, 2014, 12:46:34 PM
Sours are where it's actually at though.

I'm a fan of sours.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

IMAWRAETHTHU

Quote from: jer on September 12, 2014, 01:58:45 PM
Quote from: IMAWRAETHTHU on September 12, 2014, 11:28:59 AM

I mean, there's no IPAs on the fucking moon but that doesn't really detract from how much better IPAs are.

Quote from: Anna Karina on September 12, 2014, 12:46:34 PM
Sours are where it's actually at though.

I'm a fan of sours.

uhhh, sours are great!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

IMAWRAETHTHU

Quote from: Anna Karina on September 12, 2014, 11:30:08 AM
There were hoppy beers in it, but they were like four months old, so it's a good thing they didn't go the IPA route really. Not sure what that's supposed to mean in regards to the fact that IPAs are better though.

just sayin i enjoyed the variety and that they didn't try to reinvent the wheel, there were alot of good beers in there. My faves were the hopped pils, the tropical maibock, and maillard's odyssey. was really only disappointed with the allagash collab, and just cause i wished the coriander was more prominent.

Goin to the PIZZA PUNX, CA eviction party today...hmm, what should I bring??? Gonna have some fun deciding! I'll let ya guys know what I end up choosing.

on a separate note, anybody had Unity Vibration Kombucha Beer or Mateveza? A KPA and a caffeinated IPA brewed with Yerba Mate, both are hella good, Kombucha beer comes in a few different flavours of which i have had the original KPA with juniper and the raspberry...THE RASPBERRY BULBS HAVE FINALLY BURST WITH FLUID, lol, yeah, that one was good! Good luck finding them though, only ever seen them both in one place. Unity Vibration is outta Michigan, so it must be distributed other places and Mateveza is just too god to go unnoticed!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

IMAWRAETHTHU

Didn't end up going to the party, but I do have a Unity Vibration Raspberry Kombucha Beer in the fridge for later today!!!

8% AMERICAN WILD ALE!!!

OH YEAH, THE RASPBERRY BULBS GON' BURST WITH FLUID TONIGHT!!!

might even mix it with a raspberry Guayaki Yerba Mate!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

Phitney

My roommate drank that last of my Beckenridge Vanilla Porters and I'm super sad. Mostly because he was already way drunk off nasty Bud Light so he didn't get to truly appreciate the amazingness of that beer. What a waste.

amanda

I love Breckinridge's Vanilla Porter!

I also still don't like IPAs.  I keep tasting new ones and they all still taste like carbonated potpourri oil to me.

Anna Karina

Swung by my old stompin' grounds while out for a haircut. Picked up bottles of:

- The Bruery/Smog City Atomic Kangarue
- Prairie Cherry Funk
- El Segundo Two 5 Left DIPA

The Two 5 Left was bottled two days ago so I guess I should probably crack that open first.

Anna Karina

I didn't get to go to any breweries during my brief trip to San Diego, which was pretty much the only reason I went down, because the people we were with were lame as fucking hell (and passed out by fucking 9:30pm).

Tonight Highland Park Brewery is having a Sour Beer Night for LA Craft Beer Week, so I'm getting a few people together to check it out.