What other websites do you frequent?

Started by ramblinrabble, October 04, 2014, 08:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblinrabble

Outside of here, a few hockey based websites, and a couple web comics, I don't have many sites I go to, and it's really inconvenient when faced with long periods of nothing to do but browse the internet, and I've already gone to those sites about 15 times.  How do you occupy your internet time?

Rapture Ready Blowhard

Do you speak/are you learning a different language?  I spend a lot of time reading news articles in Spanish.  Also, I've become pretty fascinated with Turkish and Kurdish current events and politics, so I trawl a number of websites pretty often looking for relevant articles. 

Was it you or someone else on the board that works the night shift at a hotel?  I definitely know what a pain it can be some nights to find something to do to stay awake.

jerkemy

ramblinrabble

Quote from: Rapture Ready Blowhard on October 05, 2014, 12:43:03 PM
Was it you or someone else on the board that works the night shift at a hotel?  I definitely know what a pain it can be some nights to find something to do to stay awake.

Yeah I used to.  Now I work the 6AM shift in a different job, but we have a lot of down time in the early morning.

Courtney

reddit. And then I get sent through a wormhole leading me to all kinds of other sites with interesting information.

lindsey

lots of online shopping (mostly just looking for stuff to lust after, not really spending much money), tumblr, facebook, pinterest, youtube, hulu

rory

I also go to online shopping stuff a lot, just to sort of price-dig. Recently I've been buying way too much stuff, though.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

kw

my internet consumption has taken a nose dive in the last year or so... other than checking in here every so often, i read a couple hockey websites (tsn, puckdaddy, and some random florida panthers sites,) and that is about it. it is such a change from always being online throughout my teens/early twenties... i think i am on my computer maybe thirty minutes a day now.

pronetoaccidents

http://www.remoteoutposts.blogspot.com to download tons of tapes of "region rock".. got your typical Chattanooga punk bands but there's also a lot of experimental and indie and all sorts of bands thrown in for good measure. found out about a lot of my favorite bands from that blog. 

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

ramblinrabble

http://clientsfromhell.net is pretty good for a laugh.  Mostly people in the design industry posting ridiculous demands/quotes/anecdotes of interactions with their unreasonable, uneducated, and just plain stupid clients they deal with.