Anyone wanna do a PIXBoard Mix CD Exchange again?

Started by Phitney, August 05, 2014, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phitney

Hey y'all!

I remember doing this a few years back around Christmas time. It's not Christmas, but I like making mix CDs for people and am feeling a bit lonely and out of touch with people in the town I'm in.

So! Does anyone wanna do this again? I can head it if you want. Everyone will send me their info and I'll mix it all up and assign people. There will be a deadline and if someone hasn't received a mix by then then I'll make one and send it to 'em so everyone wins!

Yeah? Cool? Let's do this.

ramblinrabble

Nate (anthemforadoomed/skateandannoy) made me a pretty bad ass mix that I never returned the favor on, which I should probably do.   Sorry about that Nate.  I've still got that Inferno release CD for you too.

skateandannoy

Quote from: ramblinrabble on August 05, 2014, 08:53:28 PM
Nate (anthemforadoomed/skateandannoy) made me a pretty bad ass mix that I never returned the favor on, which I should probably do.   Sorry about that Nate.  I've still got that Inferno release CD for you too.
You're welcome! I almost forgot about that Inferno CD! I'm down for another mix swap.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

AaronTheCabe

I did this back in the day and would love to do it again. i even made a small 'zine that i shipped with my mix cds. but most of the people didn't respond, or stopped after the first response, except for Krystal, who became a facebook/interweb good friend.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

Anna Karina

I enjoy making mixes but I don't really know that I'd make a physical copy.

So I guess I shouldn't sign up for this and I have wasted your time posting this.

AaronTheCabe

hey i like that idea brett, those who want to do physcal cds can but we can make specific idea lists and post them here for people and friends. like halloween mixes like you did last year! and if we join grooveshark or spotify (or another one that allows saved playlists to share, recommend please which player you like) we can click links and go right to it!

what do you say? everyone? bueller?

Graphix

Remember those monthly mix cds I was sending out for a while? That was fun, but just got too expensive for a "free" project when I was shipping almost 75 CDrs a month.

Of course now, there'd be like 6 subscribers, so I could probably do it again.

jer

Wes I was thinking a few weeks ago about doing that same thing.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

AaronTheCabe

hey people, i'm putting a day of the dead mix togather. since i'm already mailing whitney the bbc peele session Mogwai did i'd thought it be nice to send extra cd with that to anyone who responds. write down your address or pm if you are private like that, and i'll mail you two cds. WOOT at people i knew in the 90s would sometimes say

AaronTheCabe

I'm going to the post office tomorrwz. if anyone wants to walk the walk and not just talk the talk, now would be a good time ;)

AaronTheCabe

i've had literally been working and doing stuff for people and odds and ends nonstop since  i woke up friday morning that i hadn't yet had a chance to go to post office and will do so on the way to work monday morning at 6am. so still time for people who want free cds

Anna Karina

If you don't care about receiving a CD in the mail in return, I'll throw my name in. PMing.

AaronTheCabe

And we got two, yes two, two do i hear a third, completely free, going once going twice!

Anna Karina

Guess I'll post this here.

BMP Presents... IT IS SO NICE TO GET STONED (2014) [320]

01) Simon Joyner & The Fallen Men Medicine Blues
02) Paul Cary Iryna
03) Jon-Rae & The River Two Hands
04) Deer Tick These Old Shoes
05) Bob Dylan Oh, Sister
06) Ted Lucas It Is So Nice To Get Stoned
07) Gary Higgins Last Great Sperm Whale
08) Mark Kozelek & Desertshore Sometimes I Can't Stop
09) Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson Burdiedfed
10) The Tallest Man On Earth There's No Leaving Now
11) Leonard Cohen Chelsea Hotel No. 1 (Live)

http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/64289167/file.html

Eugene

Hey I'm interested if this happens

Downloading your mix now Brett

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: Eugene on November 02, 2014, 06:07:09 AM
Hey I'm interested if this happens

Downloading your mix now Brett

PM address or post. I had to buy some packages to send and got the wrong ones (the ones with bubble wrap) so i might send more than just cds cause why let bubblewrap go to waste. I have five, right now ive written down the address for whitney, brett, and dakota (whom i owe a letter to anywayz and hopefully won't see this so its a surprise) so i have two packages left. i'm mailing tomorrow after work for real (i had to buy cds too cause i couldn't find what i did with my previous blank ones) but we're whiskey ago-go now!

AaronTheCabe

I kinda got off my ass and have two discs now, a day of the dead celebration disc and a mogwai disc. so anyone wanting to join, i actually got my shit together and stuff i definitely go out in the morning, no backsies or is it baxies? baksies, backsy, backsie, back sigh, i';m just typing stuff now

AaronTheCabe

Anna Karina

Eugene

Your mix downloaded as text... is that supposed to happen Brett?

Anna Karina

It's a .rar file. Are you sure you clicked the right thing? Zippyshare likes to trick people. I just tested the link and it looks like it still works.

AaronTheCabe

always remember to check the download file size with the listed file size, its the big red download now button (in this case), the other one that looks like it would be it is just another advertisement.

also, will send yours out friday i gotta buy more packages. if there any problems with the burned cds anyone please let me know

Eugene

It's weird because it says it's a rar file, but still it's just text. I have the add blocker I'm I'm basically positive I'm downloading the right thing.

Anna Karina

Has anyone else tried to download it? Same issue?