Pet peeves thread

Started by ramblinrabble, July 31, 2014, 01:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblinrabble

Its just general rules of traffic (aside from other countries where the rules are reversed).  Bikes, walking, driving.  Keep to the right, pass on the left.  Which brings me to my next pet peeve:  drivers who use the shoulder as a passing/turning lane.   Annoys the ever loving hell out of me.

jer

unless you're walking in an area with a shitload of pedestrian traffic (such as a major city), that's stupid.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

lindsey

it just makes things more accessible? seems legit to me, walking around here is like pure mayhem sometimes

jer

i don't need no rules to walk the Earth.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

rory

Quote from: lindsey on August 08, 2014, 09:19:34 AM

yeah i guess brett pretty much nailed it with "people". i also have a metric fuck ton of retail-worker specific pet peeves. being forced to cheerfully serve the general public is a real fucking bummer most days.

this this holy shit this
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

pronetoaccidents

when i try to bum a cigarette off someone and they are conveniently smoking their last one. yes, i know cigarettes are expensive and my pet peeve isn't that they aren't giving me one it's that they can't be honest. Just say no!!!
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

rory

One of my former co-workers got socked pretty hard in the face outside of my work for saying no to someone asking for a cigarette.
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

Anna Karina

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on August 10, 2014, 10:51:28 AM
when i try to bum a cigarette off someone and they are conveniently smoking their last one. yes, i know cigarettes are expensive and my pet peeve isn't that they aren't giving me one it's that they can't be honest. Just say no!!!
I'd assume when people say no, they usually get pestered about it.

Seems like an easy way to piss people off, because people are assholes.

Anna Karina

I guess I could have read rory's response before that post instead of reading it after I posted, but here we are.

ramblinrabble

lindsey

yeah women are prety used to having to "soften the blow" in order to stay safe like every day all the time so

rory

I was going to post the photo of my co-worker that got punched for lack of cigarette giving, but it was pretty brutal and I don't know if there are spoiler tags/how to use them.

my pet peeve is always and forever the sound of people playing music on their cellphones/laptops while I'm working at the coffee shop. IT drives me absolute up the wall.

Anna Karina

Sometimes when I'm at Walgreens at like 1am after work before going home, I'll have my headphones around my neck and the music pretty loud to the point where it's pretty audible when I'm standing in line, but 99% of the time I'm in Walgreens, I'm completely miserable after a stressful night at work and sometimes I wanna hear the sweet, sweet sounds of ScHoolboy Q, y'know.

Anna Karina

I loathe people who straight up play music from their phone without headphones though, especially on the metro, and especially on the metro at 1am while I have to pick up some stupid fucking necessary shit from Walgreens at 1am after work.

Joe

when people really try to force dumb slang. 

Like someone using "Brekkie" instead of typing "breakfast", It doesn't make the concept of breakfast cuter, it makes it sound like I'm about to have breakfast with someone who likes to talk like a baby.

Also the word AmazeBalls, when Amazing is phonetically easier to say anyway. 

BlakeK

I hate it when people who do not regularly smoke try to bum cigarettes off of me. This used to happen a lot when I would go to bars and people would be drinking but also happens, at times, when someone is talking to me outside and wants to bond over a cigarette. They're really fucking expensive so if you're a "drunk smoker" go buy some before hitting the bars or liquor store. If you want to talk to me outside while I'm smoking, it is not essential for you to smoke, either.

Now if you are a regular smoker and just happen to be out, that's completely different and will tolerate it as long as it doesn't happen every day.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

Anna Karina

I hate the word "sammich" in all contexts.

IMAWRAETHTHU

like lots of things, REALLY...
WHOEVER YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOU DO, WHERE EVER YOU ARE, YOU DON'T DESERVE ABUSE!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: BlakeK on September 16, 2014, 11:49:21 AM
I hate it when people who do not regularly smoke try to bum cigarettes off of me. This used to happen a lot when I would go to bars and people would be drinking but also happens, at times, when someone is talking to me outside and wants to bond over a cigarette. They're really fucking expensive so if you're a "drunk smoker" go buy some before hitting the bars or liquor store. If you want to talk to me outside while I'm smoking, it is not essential for you to smoke, either.

Now if you are a regular smoker and just happen to be out, that's completely different and will tolerate it as long as it doesn't happen every day.

man i'm really bad at bumming smokes from my boss at work. but i buy him a pack every payday to make up for it. basically after paying bills i have 3-5 time span in which i have money and blow it all on negative things that are probably left not going into. so i buy myself and boss a pack at payday. i only smoke at work for some reason, so that pack last 5-7 days. then i bum for the next week. does that make a horrible person?

other than my all out hatred for people who don't use a blinker, drive super slow in 55mph roads and people who go super fast when there's no need for that either, i can't stand people who go around rhyming and rapping everything all the time with no concept of the art that it is.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

IMAWRAETHTHU

star trek

sorry, not sorry...

also dumb memes too

i remember the first time i saw 9gag

i was like...

I hate this so much, this is fucking evil...

insane sexist dumpster of humanity
WHOEVER YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOU DO, WHERE EVER YOU ARE, YOU DON'T DESERVE ABUSE!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

BagginSagginBrian

When people clip their nails on public transportation, the CLICK always echos throughout the train. I will kill the next person who does this.

ramblinrabble

Phitney

When my roommates (who are also a couple) argue about dumb shit at 3 AM. Last night they argued, very loudly and angrily, about jam bands and how Jerry Garcia would be ashamed of the state of the jam band scene.

It's fine to have debates about dumb things but don't be so loud in the common areas at 3 AM. Especially when there are 3 other people in the house trying to sleep.

They argue every other night. Sometimes about dumb things, but mostly about relationshippy things. He calls her a moron and an idiot all of the time. I just want to shake them and tell them to not be together anymore because they're so miserable.

rory

I have a couple of very loud housemates who get into really heated inane arguments, but thankfully they keep it to their room almost exclusively. That's so ridiculous.

They used to have more relationship arguments, as well as yell about the evils of feminism and the like, but it appears they've both grown up and are better to themselves and understand the ideals and positions of literally everyone else around them a little better.

Got a pretty weird house dynamic.

BagginSagginBrian

When people bite their nails/hang nails in public or worse across the table from someone.
I almost walked away from my date last night when she did that.