+/- Thread

Started by AaronTheCabe, June 10, 2014, 02:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronTheCabe

- it just went from clear to tornado weather outside right now  :-\
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

ramblinrabble

Way to start off the thread on a down note.

Phitney

Aaron, I cannot wait for storms when I get back east!!!!

+ My boss let me go home "early" today. And by "early," I mean 5 even though that's technically when my shift ends but never does.
+ Throwback skate jams night!!

Rapture Ready Blowhard

Quote from: AaronTheCabe on June 10, 2014, 02:36:04 PM
- it just went from clear to tornado weather outside right now  :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLm5Sn1cMyQ  Be careful out there.  Tornados are the absolute worst.

momitsnowme

Noo..this thread is what killed th old board!

skateandannoy

-the old board is dead
+it regenerated Dr. Who style

Quote from: momitsnowme on June 10, 2014, 09:20:03 PM
Noo..this thread is what killed th old board!
I agree, fuck this thread and it's predecessor. I<3 Aaron though and I hope he's okay!
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

dakotafloyd

- so much school work
+ feels good to be doing something
- not enough hours at work
+ PIXfest is so soon!
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

moreaboutwhozackis

- My entire body is in terrible pain
+ I learned how to do roofing
- I can't sleep
+ I have a show tomorrow benefiting my friend Jeff's sister, I'm gonna get to play the song I wrote finally
+ I have a construction apprenticeship that may be starting soon

rory

+ I went on tour and it was great!
- I got sick and super lost my voice
+ Not having a voice was pretty funny for a few days.
-/+ Got pulled over in the homestretch for driving too slowly, and our guitarist had to tell the officers that our band name is Anybody But The Cops. In hindsight, that's really great.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

RankResistance

+ I'm buying a house, on which I close next week! It is "the one" my partner and I fell in love with instantly. I'm psyched.
+ I'm getting married in a few months.
+ It's summer! However, I am still taking gifted endorsement classes for my job and coaching high school baseball, but still...summer. I'll even have a month after I move to get settled.

- At a time when most people would say my life is coming together quite nicely (and it is, I do not argue), my anxiety and depression has sort of hopped back onto the dance floor and made their presence known again. I've gone to doctors, I've gotten medication, and usually the medication makes me feel infinitely worse (nausea, headaches, etc.).
- The most stressful thing about this whole yuppie lifestyle is the fear that with this kind of stability comes the knowledge that I will be trapped in my current career. I hate it and I want out but I don't know what else I'm qualified to do. Year One was the worst experience of my life and everyone said "It's that way for everyone." So I changed schools and tried again. Ditto for year two. Everyone has said "You're still finding your bearings. Give it another go." I am under contract through next year and I'm willing to give it a shot, but I don't think I can teach twenty more years.

Courtney

Things people would normally make a thread to discuss end up getting buried in here. I'm starting a new thread in protest.

bee

+ finished work and now i'm off for a week and a half (although my job is pretty cool so it's no big deal)
- i am super tired but kinda have stuff to do but will probably just sleep and now i feel stressed thinking about that
+ before i decide whether to sleep or work i'm gonna eat some delicious gyoza dumplings
+ on tuesday i'm going to chicago for a coupla days and then pixfest
- kinda freaking out about money rn

Anna Karina

- It's my birthday and I haven't heard anything from on of my best friends yet, and it's over in five hours.
+ I celebrated with him and other friends at Beachwood (one of my favorite breweries) last weekend, so I guess that's good enough. Oh well.
- Had plans to go see Night Moves with another best friend tonight, but she's gonna be at a baby shower that's running late so we're no longer seeing the movie
+ I switched plans last minute to eat and drink at Beer Belly with a few other friends, and Hoppy Birthday is on the tap list, and it's my favorite beer ever, plus there are like six other amazing beers on their tap list tonight. Oh my.
+ Friend who I was supposed to see Night Moves with bought me tickets to see Chad VanGaalen with her on Wednesday as a birthday present, and I've been excited for months, and that's, like, four days away. Woo!
- Money, blergh

Gator Punch

+A band of mine is actually productive, as in practice at least twice a week, and our first show coming up soon. After years of writing shitty songs, its nice to actually be playing said shitty songs.
+I graduated from college last month with a degree in English.
-Still have another year of teacher prep, including student teaching, before I'm certified. 
-All this is making me feel like an adult, which is scary.

RankResistance

Quote from: Gator Punch on June 15, 2014, 11:32:02 AM
-Still have another year of teacher prep, including student teaching, before I'm certified. 

Congrats. Are you looking to teach English? What age group?

moreaboutwhozackis

+The show yesterday went great
+I have actual fans now
+My new song is really well liked
-I pulled something in my leg while skanking and can hardly walk
+May have met one of my favorite people in existence.

avivatigerlily

+getting naloxone trained today

+excited its with the Washington Heights Corner Project where my girlfriend works
http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnknefel/the-controversial-answer-to-americas-heroin-surge

-wish i didnt feel i should, not like, in a 'fucking drug users' way, just in a 'this is just kind of passively unfortunate in the way many things in the world are' way

Gator Punch

Quote from: RankResistance on June 15, 2014, 11:52:13 AM

Thanks. I am looking to teach English, and hopefully high school.

RankResistance

Quote from: Gator Punch on June 16, 2014, 05:12:38 AM

TURN AND RUN AWAY!
(Just kidding. Sort of. That's what I teach, World Lit and American Lit. I'm about to start my third year, so I'm hoping to finally get my bearings and establish a bit of a routine. Let me know if you need anything.)

hatmoose

Quote from: avivatigerlily on June 16, 2014, 04:58:16 AM
+getting naloxone trained today

+excited its with the Washington Heights Corner Project where my girlfriend works
http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnknefel/the-controversial-answer-to-americas-heroin-surge

-wish i didnt feel i should, not like, in a 'fucking drug users' way, just in a 'this is just kind of passively unfortunate in the way many things in the world are' way
this is really cool, i only heard about naloxone for the first time a few months ago. i should learn more.
ask me about my high score

Vagroaches

+ SUMMER
- Mosquito bites

Gator Punch

Quote from: RankResistance on June 16, 2014, 07:23:40 AM
Quote from: Gator Punch on June 16, 2014, 05:12:38 AM

TURN AND RUN AWAY!
(Just kidding. Sort of. That's what I teach, World Lit and American Lit. I'm about to start my third year, so I'm hoping to finally get my bearings and establish a bit of a routine. Let me know if you need anything.)

Haha, that's why I'm getting so nervous. All I've heard is how difficult it is, but once you figure out what works, it's very rewarding. We'll see. And thanks. I'm sure I'll make use of your help. 

jerkemy

+ moved apartments recently and was able to find a place that doesn't break bike commute-ability

+ hopefully about to get a practice space literally in between said apartment and job

+ job is also pretty cool (doing IT for a small nonprofit that works on global women's human rights issues)

- feel like I never have time for stuff

- have fully realized that's due to my own laziness and disorganization and still can't seem to fix it

AaronTheCabe

+ I HAVE HAIR
-I HAVE HAIR
+ I have a beard!
- Its too hot to have a beard or hair ;)
- i don't look like spider jerusalem or captain picard or any cool looking guy whose at a loss (pun intended) of facial and hair on head
+ i totally am looking like a wheezywaiter clone, or Vsauce clone or any cool guy with slight loss of hair but continues to grow it and a nice big bushy beard

+/- i can't figure out if i want to shave all this hot hairy mess off or not. its just soooooooo hoooooooot
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

kw

- my partner just left for a week, and we spend an incredibly large amount of time together, so it will be weird to not have them around.
+ they're off doing really fun, positive things, so my negative feelings are quite tempered, and mostly i am just stoked for them
+ gonna spend some time with my grandfather and look for new jobs this week